Magatopia..

Big Smoke

Big-boned
..is a fictional country where everything is over-the-top Trumpian, with President Trump ruling over every aspect of life. Instead of just building a wall between Mexico and the US, in Magatopia there is a massive line of towers made of solid gold stretching from coast to coast, with Trump himself living at the top of the highest one as a king. The government is run by KFC, where all laws are enforced by Colonel Sanders. Schools teach only about how great Trump is, and the currency is replaced by giant images of Trump's face on every bill...

In Magatopia, NEETs would be highly valued members of society. Since the entire economy is based around worshiping Trump, anyone who spends all their time watching his speeches and tweeting about him would be considered a valuable contributor to the national discourse. NEETs would be encouraged to spend all their free time online, discussing Trump's latest moves and creating memes and gifs that glorify him. They would be seen as essential to maintaining the cult of personality surrounding Trump, and would be rewarded with praise and validation from their fellow Magatopians.

Wagies would be the ultimate enemy in Magatopia. They would be seen as symbols of the old establishment that Trump is trying to destroy. Any wagies who refuse to bow down before Trump and accept his new order would be treated as traitors, and would be punished harshly. Wagies would be forced to work long hours in sweatshop-like conditions, producing Trump merchandise and propaganda while being berated by their superiors. They would be seen as the ultimate symbol of everything that Trump is trying to eradicate.

Of course, in Magatopia, once Trump dies he doesn't stay dead. His consciousness is uploaded to the cloud, allowing him to maintain control even after his death. He becomes a sort of godlike figure, watching over Magatopia from the digital heavens and issuing decrees whenever necessary. His followers continue to worship him even more fervently, as he becomes a symbol of the eternal Trumpian spirit that cannot be defeated.

That's the novel I write. Feedback much appreciated.

While I appreciate the effort put into 'Magatopia', I find it to be too over-the-top and unbelievable for my tastes. It feels more like a parody of a parody than an actual satire, with the hyperbole and exaggeration taking away from any potential message or meaning. It seems more interested in shock value than actually making a meaningful statement about our political climate. Plus, some of the jokes fell flat for me, and I found myself getting bored towards the end.

I read 'Magatopia' last night, and I couldn't put it down. At first, I was skeptical of the whole idea, but the more I read, the more I found myself laughing out loud and nodding in agreement. The author has a brilliant mind for satire, and the way they took certain aspects of our world to their logical extremes was both hilarious and thought-provoking. Even if you don't agree with the author's perspective, it's hard not to appreciate the cleverness behind the writing. Highly recommended!

Back
Top Bottom