Non-fiction books challenge

RNT

Blackout
I have been stuck reading the same books for the past couple of months and something needed to be done to disrupt the routine.

So I wondered, what kind of shit do I want to learn more about?

I quickly narrowed it down to:
- Conspiracy theories
- Political extremism
- Psychological manipulation (in politics, marketing, relationships)
- Productivity techniques (from corporate methods to "self-help" books)
- Drug trade
- Prostitution

Woah, it turns out there's a lot I want to know more about!

Then it only requires to make a Google request and all these topics are well covered by someone, with tens of books written on each subject.

Those are not anonymous Wikipedia authors, but someone's mind was working on the book - noticing details, spotting patterns, sleeping on the problem... And willing to share conclusions.

1715251992804.png
There was a time when I got into philosophy. The first "serious" book I've read on the topic was "Simulacra and Simulation", written by Jean Baudrillard. What I understood from the book? Nothing to be honest. My knowledge about philosophy is near to zero.
But that was a good thing. Reading something and not understanding it, sparked something in my mind: how the fuck someone writes something I simply can't understand?! I have a fucking brain, the most advanced organism created by mother nature, how come I was born with a brain and still can't understand what I am reading?
The next step was start reading about psychology. The first book? The Man and his Symbols by C.G Jung. Not a complex book, it doesn't use complex/technical languages.
Knowing how some archetypes are connected with how humanity survived throughout the ages is simply amazing. Why is that so many religions around the world worshipped the sun as a god? Why do we have figures like the triangle used in religious purposes (holy trinity as an example)? Why do we connect the darkness with fear? Why do we think the light is a good thing? These questions seem to be very simple, but they're actually very deep and talks a lot with who we are, where we came from and why we believe in things we believe.

Plus C.G. Jung was the author responsible for me to get into occultism, witchcraft, traditions, religions, spirituality etc, though I think that's a conversation for another topic.

Also, I plan to read The Red Book soon or later. This thread motivated me to search for the PDF and start reading. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom