Music Recommendation Megathread

What are you listening to today?
I can't see what you've posted, the content is blocked in Russia 🤯

Spotify exodus from Russia downgraded my listening habits a lot, it's hard to go back to MP3s and torrenting once you were exposed to the ease of music streaming.
I'm stuck with the same albums I replay occasionally, they are probably too deviant to share with a broader public.

Here's a cutesy non-offensive song for y'all (this is an official video from the band, go figure why they chose to use this):

I can't see what you've posted, the content is blocked in Russia 🤯

Spotify exodus from Russia downgraded my listening habits a lot, it's hard to go back to MP3s and torrenting once you were exposed to the ease of music streaming.
I'm stuck with the same albums I replay occasionally, they are probably too deviant to share with a broader public.

Here's a cutesy non-offensive song for y'all (this is an official video from the band, go figure why they chose to use this):
Does YouTube Music also sucks in Russia? Here I use the music.youtube.com + uBlockOrigin and it works like charm. Zero ads, pretty much more music than I had when I was using spotify etc.
The "music" I posted was basically a Mix of Japanese City Pop. Nothing special, you'll probably end up finding the same songs in every "city pop" playlists out there.
1697035130271.png

Does YouTube Music also sucks in Russia? Here I use the music.youtube.com + uBlockOrigin and it works like charm. Zero ads, pretty much more music than I had when I was using spotify etc.
This shit is so clumsy, no way I am putting effort into building a music library there. Where do I subscribe to an artist? Where do I see new releases from him? Where's similar artists? I used Deezer around a decade ago and it had better UI and functionality.

Spotify had a cute mobile app, they had a Linux app on Qt framework - same as MacOs app, certainly - and no one used it in browser. It's Spotify or die for me, and I'm dying.

There's also this issue that many labels simply withdraw their content from being shown in Russia. And you can't really pirate it these days either.

Probably one of the best bands ever to exist! I love their music so much I can't really describe.

This is pure heaven

Lyrics:
Close your eyes and look at me
I'll be standing by your side
In between the deep blue sea
And the sheltering sky
If we find no words to say
To the rhythm of the waves
Then we'll both surrender there
Walking on air

And the worries of the day lie down
Under cover of the fading clouds
The secrets of the night
Come alive in your eyes
You don't have to hurry
You don't have to try
You don't have a care
You're walking on air

This is an official video from 2023, kinda missed it 😆

We have Joe Biden on guitar, Zelensky on turntable, Winnie Xi Jinpooh on Bass, Kim Jong Un on drums, Vladmir Putin providing vocals, and a Tom Cruise cameo. I don't know how Limp Bizkit was able to get this many guest stars on one song, but Fred Durst deserves a nobel prize for solving world peace.

Back
Top Bottom